Sunday, June 14, 2009

Mary, Mary quiet contrary, How does your garden grow?

Okay, Soooo...no one may care but I wanted to put pics on here of our garden and flowers. We completely redid our back yard this spring. We tilled up the whole yard and laid grass seed and fertilizer. Then, in each corner of the yard we put flower beds and in between them we put a garden. We also redid the front flower bed. Everything that we planted in the flower beds and garden were either bulbs or seeds so it's so exciting to see it all growing!




Here are some of the flowers in the front bed...


A couple of close ups...I love the purple one!The elephant ear is growing fast!
Some viola's from the planters in my back yard...you can see the garden in the background (show's you how tiny these flowers are...they just bloomed but I don't think they will get very big)
And here's the garden! Mom and dad said we filled it way too full...oh well, it was our 1st time planting a garden, we'll learn :) It has cucumbers, bell peppers, spinach, brussel sprouts, cherry tomatoes....And itty bitty sugar snap peas (how cute is that :) lol)And yummy banana peppers!
It was a lot of hard work but it's so rewarding to see everything blooming and growing so well :)

2 comments:

  1. i think it i wonderful. I love planting flowers and watching them grow. My problem is that all my stuff dies :( but kiersten and i made a very nice flower bed out front and if i do say so myself it looks very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling! We just bought our home and I am so excited about planting flowers! lol But I already know I totally have a brown thumb but hopefully my plants can grow! :) Your garden is beautiful! You should be proud of it :)

    ReplyDelete