Ashley and I are also going to make cupcakes for my wedding shower. I thought I would practice decorating them as well....I saw some really cute ones on bakerella's blog and I decided to try to replicate hers. Of course mine weren't nearly as cute as hers, nor were the cheesecake pops, but I don't think I did too bad for my first time!
For the cupcakes I used a dunkin heines dark chocolate fudge mix and the frosting was pillsbury cream cheese frosting. The cake turned out wonderful! Very moist and tasty. The frosting, however, I was not as happy with. I was so pleased with the cake that I think I'll use it when we actually do them for the shower, along with a homemade yellow or white cake and homemade buttercream frosting.
Here's how I did the flowers for decoration on top. I melted different colored candy chips in squirt bottles then drew the flowers on wax paper. I put them in the freezer to harden
And viola! Pretty little flowers :)
Look! A whole cuppycake garden! :) Yum!
And viola! Pretty little flowers :)
Look! A whole cuppycake garden! :) Yum!



I am going to try that! That's a cute idea with the flowers! :)
ReplyDeleteI have been wanting to try that..,yours turned out gorgeous!!
ReplyDeleteThat's such a cute idea!and I just noticed on your header you say your fur babies molly and otis my two dogs names are molly and odie. how weird. :)
ReplyDeleteCookies and cups~ Thanks so much! My sister made some like this for a baby shower and her's turned out much better than mine :)
ReplyDeleteBaking Monster~ I can't take credit for the idea--saw it on bakerella's blog of course! And that is weird about our dog's names...even more weird is that we usually refer to otis as odie, unless he's in trouble lol