
We went to a fourth of July cookout at our friend Krystle's new house. This is her first home, she closed on it last Thursday and Ryan and I helped her move in last weekend. So, it was a fourth of July cookout/ housewarming party. I asked her what I could bring and she said they had plenty of food but I could bring a dessert if I wanted. As I'm sure you all can see I've been on a bit of a cupcake kick here lately....firstly because I've been experimenting with different one's trying to find the combo my sister and I will make for my wedding shower in a couple of weeks, and secondly because I just have a new found love for cupcakes! So, of course I decided to bring cupcakes!
I've been seeing these cute little burger cupcakes everywhere lately and I've been dying to make them. They're just so adorable. This was the perfect opportunity! They're vanilla cupcakes with buttercream frosting tinted green for lettuce, red for ketchup, and yellow for mustard. The "burger" on some were brownies. But, I didn't bake a big enough batch of brownies so I made some chocolate cupcakes as well and cut some in half to use as the "burgers." They were such a big hit at the cookout! Everyone thought they were adorable, plus, they tasted good too! One of they guys that was at the cookout, who absolutely loved them (i think he ate 5!) affectionately named them sweet burgers :) Hope you enjoy the couple of pics I got of them!




This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThese are too cute! Could you email me how you did these?!? Lisa has my email address *hint hint* I will love to try these!
ReplyDeleteThese are too cute!
ReplyDeleteThanks for following my blog! These little burgers are adorable!
ReplyDelete